What is BYOD?
Bring your own device (BYOD)
is a business policy of
employees bringing personally owned mobile devices to their place of work and
using those devices to access privileged company resources such as email, file
servers and databases as well as their personal applications and data.
A new way to access UConn Health Center email is here. In order to maintain
compliance with the UConn Health Center's
Mobile Computing Device Policy
UCHC I.T. Department has rolled out out an institutional program requiring all
personally owned smartphones and tablets that access our email system, to be
registered to our Mobile Device Management application called "MobileIron".
What Devices Are Supported?
- Apple Devices
- iPhone 4 or newer
- iPad - All models (WiFi only and Cellular)
(iOS 6.0 or newer is recommended for any Apple Device)
- Android Devices
- Android devices running version 2.2 or later
- In addition, the installation of Norton Mobile's Touchdown
for Smart Phones application is required.
(registration key is provided automatically via the MobileIron installation)
At this time, Windows Mobile 8 and Mobile 8.1 are now supported with the assistance
of the Mobility Support Team. There is no other supported mobile devices. Palm, Symbian,
or Blackberry devices are not compliant with this software.
What Should I Expect After Installing MobileIron?
- Your device will be required to have a password and a forced timeout of up to 15 minutes.
- You will be asked to accept "Certificates" - this is perfectly safe as they will be coming from a trusted UCHC server.
- The response time for the initial email synchronization may vary. After the initial synch, email will flow promptly.
- You will now have access to the "BYOD Portal". This will allow you to manage your connected devices in one place.
How Do I Get Started?
To proceed, please click on one of the following instructional documents:
How to install and configure MobileIron BYOD access on your iPhone or iPad
How to install and configure MobileIron BYOD access on your Android device
How to obtain an Apple ID
How to remove an Outlook Exchange account from an iOS device
How do I successfully transfer my registration if I am changing an employee owned iPhone or iPad?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)